Structured Model Frame to CAXA Draft Part Drawing?

tgjang

Hi

1. I would like to use the Bulk Drawing Creation feature to create a caxa draft drawing of a Structured model and an Innovate model as shown in the figure.
How can I create a part drawing?

2. How to move the Frame[5] to end of the horizontal beam?

Thanks.

frame_questions.png

Frame_Test.ics

For #1 - the Bulk view will only create the view of the entire part. It will not see the individual frame members as individual parts. This will be an ER to see if we can separate them in a convenient way (I'm not sure on how the UI would work when if you are working in an assembly file and select one of these structured parts with bodies. It would need to be some sort of expandable tree or something). 

For #2 - Create the top and bottom frames as one. Then create new 3D curves that are on the miter endpoints for the vertical members. You will then need to create 4 individual frames and when selecting the curve, select on the profile (of the I beam) to denote the corner to align on the curve).  

• Thanks 1

Regarding question 2. 

Attached is a video demonstrating how to provide "Control" over the position of the Vertical Frame Members. This method uses 2D Sketches, where the position of the Vertical Lines (Paths) can be controlled independently using Sketch Shape Handles (and unlocked dimensions). If the Sketch Dimensions are "Locked", these positions can also be controlled using Parameter expressions, so that they follow any size changes made to the top and bottom Frame Members.

Also attached is a video demonstrating what Cary is suggesting, regarding adding vertical 3D Curves for these Vertical Members. This is a good solution if you always want these Vertical Members locked to the referenced geometry of the Top and Bottom Members.

Malcolm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3