Increase Facets during "Convert to Solid"

tlehnhaeuser

Export to blender, use the subdivide modifier, reimport, convert to solid? Can you post an example BREP on here and I will give it a shot?

Do you mean convert a Facet to Solid? A Brep is already a solid, so you should be able to change the facet resolution on it like normal parts. So using something like Blend or a OBJ editor to change the resolution by those tools before import could help change the facet count in IC. 

Wait, isn't that what you were asking to do? Divide into more facets? I guess I am confused as to what you are asking exactly.

I know, I can be confusing or confused sometimes :P. I have attached the scene file. I want to convert this mannequin to a solid that is smooth so I can edit it. 

Currently when I convert to solid it becomes extremely facetted. I assume IronCAD has some internal "number of facets" set to convert to solids. If I could increase that number it would be what I need. 

Does this make more sense?

FEMALE_001.ics

Yeah, so those cylinders above were all the same cylinders before I messed with them in blender and reimported them. It is an extremely simple example of course, but it is doable with blender. See video:

NOTE: I understand that Blender is not easy to work with unless you have hundreds or thousands of hours of experience with it, so there may be an easier way using Meshmixer or something. Meshmixer is a free Autodesk (makers of AutoCAD) product that I have used a couple times.

-Spencer

It is also worth mentioning that 3D printing softwares like Lychee can fix holes that are sometimes created in models. As you can see this cylinder became a surface in that last video because there were numerous issues when solidified. Lychee will patch it and then you can reexport of OBJ and import back into IC and re-solidify and boom, solid object again. It is not the intended use of the software, but it is super helpful.

Edited by SSIMMONS