STL Mesh to Solid STL Part

SSIMMONS

If anyone could give some tips on how to turn a hollow (zero thickness) mesh into a solid part it would be much appreciated. Seems like it should be fairly easy, but I am yet to find a good method to do it, Thanks.

-Spencer

I just made this one real quick for you. It is going to seem a bit weird, but if you can help me get it to work it will all makes sense. It has to do with 3D printing topographical resin portraits and possible work applications in the future.

test ~ Mesh Corrected.stl

Cary, 

Here is a much simpler example to work with. It will be a lot easier to solve using this hollow cube. Sorry for the complex model before. I would assume that anything that works on this simple model should be adaptable to work with the more complex shape (if my computer doesn't melt first haha).

-Spencer

box test.stl

Well, I am wrong about that one. It looks like the cube can simply be converted to a solid and IC does that no problem. Maybe the mesh has some issues on the more complex model?

16 hours ago, IronKevin said:

The large mesh made many facets parts in and assembly. Each would have to be individually solidified then Boolean all together to one part, assuming all that succeeded.

I was afraid you were going to say that haha. Thanks for the information.