On screen viewing of parts

Guest wile e coyote genius

Guest wile e coyote genius

Today I ran into an issue I had never seen before and couldn't find any improper "Options" settings. This new design I am working on requires very large parts so I dropped a block/extrusion from the catalog into the scene. Then I selected the block to reveal the sizing handles. I grabbed one handle and stared to stretch it out. Note that units is set to feet. As I stretch the block all was well until I got to approx. 1635 feet. At that point and beyond the part only showed the original size of the block if I deselected it (click on clear area of screen). If I clicked the object to reveal the handles it showed the block in the stretched out size but only showed the part edges and not the solid body. In my work one piece is 2000 feet long. If I can't see it I can't work with it. The pictures show what I mean and sorry for the picture sizes. Has anyone seen this issue before? And if so, was there a way to fix it?