Questions about Steel Structures design.

tgjang

Hi

I am not sure if it is more efficient to use Structured Mode for designing a Steel Structure or if I should use Innovate Mode Design.
Ultimately, the customer will need to create a part drawing for fabrication.
In general, I use Multi body modeling in Solid Works, Inventor, Creo, etc. to create simple part drawings.

I have attached a steel structure 3D model that someone else created using inventor.

Thanks.

STRUCTURE.ics

Edited by tgjang

• tgjang changed the title to Questions about Steel Structures design.

Hi tgjang,

You could model this completely using Innovative Parts or Structured Parts, but personally speaking I would use a combination of both. The Structured Frame feature (within Structured Parts) is well suited for Truss design, as Structured Frames aren't difficult to create and are incredibly fast to edit. This has been improved significantly in IC2023, with the introduction of Custom Structured Frames, and will hopefully develop further soon regarding the Frame Body Properties. Innovative Parts are well suited for the various Plates, Columns and Purlins.

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

Thank you Malcolm.

In reality, I don't do much design, I develop software, and I sell IronCAD to consumers to help them use it most efficiently.
So the know-how of experienced engineers like Malcolm helps me a lot.

Thanky very much Malcolm. ^^

Edited by tgjang