Shelling problem

JARICO

Hi All,

Anyone have any idea what might be going on in the attachments below?  For some reason when I shell the part I'm getting these weird artifacts that break through the surface, or that form very strange corners.  I'm shelling before I do any blending.  Shelling after the blends really limits how thick I can make the shell.  I need a minimum shell thickness of 6mm.  I was able to fix one of these weird corners by moving a single blend before the shell but this one eludes me. I've tried everything I can think of.  If I reduce the shell thickness it goes away but that's not much good to me.

Cheers,

Joe

Shelled part.jpg

Broken Shell.jpg

I'm not exactly sure why, but the two holes (feature 6 & 7) are causing the issue. With those there, the shell causes these shelling angles in the model somehow. One way to fix is is to move those holes after the shell and add a boss on the inside to represent the hole. I believe at the inside top, the shelling has issues with the faces that all meet at that location. 

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, Cary OConnor said:

I'm not exactly sure why, but the two holes (feature 6 & 7) are causing the issue. With those there, the shell causes these shelling angles in the model somehow. One way to fix is is to move those holes after the shell and add a boss on the inside to represent the hole. I believe at the inside top, the shelling has issues with the faces that all meet at that location. 

image.png

image.png

Hi Cary, thanks for your response and sorry I missed it.  I'll have a look a this today...