Item bubble with Section view question

Bertrand Kim

Hello, everyone!

There are section views have some Item bubbles in my ICD!

If I update views, They lost all Item bubbles!

What can I do?...

Thanks

Kim

Oh... I thought it was a normal behavior of the section view, but I can not reproduce it in other file!

sample.icd sample.ics

Check it pls!

Thanks

Kim

• 2 months later...

The BOM in this drawing is associated with the view T.F.R.

Because a layout view can have very many specific settings such as: Configuration and Display List, that control what is visible in the layout view ,the contents of a BOM that is associated with a view is really only valid for that view.  Therefore, we should not allow users to create Item Bubbles on views that are not the view that is associated with that BOM.  The bug is that we allow user to create the item bubble in the first place. But on the view update, we determine that the only BOM in the drawing is associated to a different view and so the Item Bubble is removed (because it is invalid).

In a simple example with only one drawing and one BOM, this rule may seem excessive.  But we have users that regularly create drawings with 50 sheets, and also must each sheet has a BOM, some sheets have no views and only a BOM for the entire drawing.  In some cases they want item bubbles placed on a view for a BOM that is on a different sheet.  And of course, users can add sheets and boms and views and remove them at different times.  For this reason, it is necessary to have rules.

In your case, you should create a BOM that is not associated with any view and not tied to a specific configuration.  That way you can item bubble any view.

• Thanks 1