The "demo version" next to the "old" version.

Guest Alexander

Guest Alexander

Hello. I'm using the 2018 version of  IronCAD. I'd like to check newest version of this one. If  I'll  install  the newest one  next to the old it will be a problem? Is it possible to install this program without connection to the IronCAD's files? I'm afraid about opening my old files made in 2018. Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, Guest Alexander said:

Hello. I'm using the 2018 version of  IronCAD. I'd like to check newest version of this one. If  I'll  install  the newest one  next to the old it will be a problem? Is it possible to install this program without connection to the IronCAD's files? I'm afraid about opening my old files made in 2018. Thank you in advance.

Alost worth mentioning that you don't need to save them at all if they are externally linked. I believe if you just open them they can no longer be used in an older version (which makes sense). In other words, just make copies of files and relink if this is the direction you are going. 

-Spencer