Stocktable ID question

Bertrand Kim

11.JPG.0377f700d41969014d84d51a9b225acb.JPG

I wanted to add a new stock table like a picture,

I opened Stocktbl.txt in SheetMetal folder and used 1032 as TableID.

And it seems like working well.

But I thought if TableID is overlapped it will be a problem. so I checked out the ToolTable file in SheetMetal folder then found TableID 1032 is already using in the ToolTable

So my question is :

Is it okay that using the same TableID because it's a different file?

Or would it cause a problem if I use the same TableID in StockTable as in ToolTable? Then what TableID numbers can I use? 

Or I must not use TableID?

I couldn't find any guideline

thanks

1.thumb.JPG.3a2ad836cc40d476ded6a05064923f02.JPG2.JPG.71bc15616c560404163d80f89a0f2018.JPG3.thumb.JPG.4c8b18862c7a39f2b1afb6545273e174.JPG4.thumb.JPG.94c01d63575fb19ad4f5b596209f84ed.JPG

Edited by Bertrand Kim

It is not safe to use the same ID.  There is a single sheetmetal table manager.  The table id should be unique within the table manager, even though there are two types of tables (stock and tool). 

The table id is explicitly tied to the type of sheet metal tool (form or punch).  When a sheet metal form or punch needs to get the parameters related to it's type (Lance, Double Lance, Louver, Keyway In, etc.) it will request the information from the manager using the Tool Table ID that it was assigned at creation.  The manager will give it the first table it finds with that ID.  Depending on sequence in which that table was added to the manager, it may or may not be the table you expect.

Safer to just keep the Table ID unique.

27 minutes ago, Bill C said:

It is not safe to use the same ID.  There is a single sheetmetal table manager.  The table id should be unique within the table manager, even though there are two types of tables (stock and tool). 

The table id is explicitly tied to the type of sheet metal tool (form or punch).  When a sheet metal form or punch needs to get the parameters related to it's type (Lance, Double Lance, Louver, Keyway In, etc.) it will request the information from the manager using the Tool Table ID that it was assigned at creation.  The manager will give it the first table it finds with that ID.  Depending on sequence in which that table was added to the manager, it may or may not be the table you expect.

Safer to just keep the Table ID unique.

Hi, Bill

I understand what you said

So, can I use any unique ID like 12939129481395812354 or Is there a any limit?

+

When I was tried to add more table in stocktable.txt then Ironcad poped up there is the error 158 line in Tooltable while starting

Nevertheless I checked it works well below 158 line in Tooltable in Ironcad

Any idea?