IronCAD 2022 strange display bug

Kaspars

Hello,

I am recently going from IronCAD 2016 to IronCAD 2022. I have problem with part modification after copy/paste. Copied part showing wrong after editing.

When I trying with IronCAD 2016, everything is fine. I reinstall both versions. Same settings for both IronCAD.

I have Dell i7, Windows 2010, RAM 32GB, NVidia GTX 1060 with latest drivers.

Did you saw such something before?

image.thumb.png.f315cbf1bd058b734c26c4452ed1292b.png

In short, I have seen it all hahaha. I see a new thing like this about twice a month since 2017. It will likely correct itself if you do a "recreate display" under the "tools" tab at the top. If that doesn't work can you post the file? Thanks.

Thank you for help.

I am trying recreate display and regeneration option is enable automatically. I reinstall one more time, reinstall also net frame 3.5, 4.8 and vc runtimes also. Everything without success for IronCAD 2022. IronCAD 2016 working well.

Different actions for X, Y, Z - for Z regeneration work; for X and Y not work.

image.thumb.png.566898bd8881576344349d1f378646e7.png

image.png.27f795890ce4643354af72c549935df5.png

5 hours ago, KKEKURS said:

Thank you for help.

I am trying recreate display and regeneration option is enable automatically. I reinstall one more time, reinstall also net frame 3.5, 4.8 and vc runtimes also. Everything without success for IronCAD 2022. IronCAD 2016 working well.

Different actions for X, Y, Z - for Z regeneration work; for X and Y not work.

image.thumb.png.566898bd8881576344349d1f378646e7.png

image.png.27f795890ce4643354af72c549935df5.png

Can you post the file here? It is just a block so I don't see any proprietary information or anything.

-Spencer

Can you show a video of your process? There is some variable being added to the Anchor of the second part (click the show formulas). Are you using the Shapes catalog or some shape you saved in the catalog? 

If you can record the steps, we can see possibly what is happening. 

Very strange. We can't reproduce this here with our 2022 SP1 release. Did you install your version from the IronCAD.com download or from your local resellers site? Just want to make sure it is not a possibly localization or regional issue.

Next, try running IronCAD as administrator. Right-click on the IronCAD.exe (or Shortcut for IronCAD) and select Run as Administrator. Perform the same steps and see if you get the same results.

Do you get the same results if you use the Extrude from the Shapes catalog versus the Starter catalog?

If that doesn't change, I would try to uninstall and reinstall 2022 SP1. Something is really incorrect with the way it is behaving.

Please let us know.

I found problem and solution - problem is Region and Decimal symbol. I am from Latvia and I use Decimal symbol "dot", because I have bookkeeper system as well. When I was change dot to "," - IronCAD2022 start working well. Interesting fact - for IronCAD2016 doesn't matter what decimal symbol I use.

image.png.c97b96893d0bb3da2d994926187b9050.png

image.thumb.png.be6ef27124eac6532f09abb5287dd9f7.png

Edited by KKEKURS

The image above indicates that there is a discrepency between what is being drawn by our UI (e.g., the 150,000 in light blue) and what the edit control uses for decimal separator (e.g. 150.000 shown in the white edit control)

What happens with the other parts of our UI in this case?  What about our SizeBox property page?  What about Property Browser?  What about Parameter table?

Hello KKEKURS,

Looking at your video, I noticed that sometimes the white edit control shows a comma decimal separator and sometimes it shows a period.  Can you confirm that when the white edit control shows a comma decimal separator, the behavior is correct.  And incorrect behavior when showing a period?

Also, is your OS a Latvian OS? or is it English OS with Latvian Regional settings (minus the change you made to decimal separator)?

Hello, Bill C!

I use Windows 10 Pro with English Display Language and English Language for non-Unicode programs. I set Latvia is for region and Latvian is format's for numbers, currency, date and time. When I found solution, I did not "dig deeper" :)

I think - this Decimal symbol problem link also with Welcome dialog page position. Welcome dialog page sometimes going to 0,0 position - randomly. After I change Decimal symbol to dot - it is always in center.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...