Shaded rendering - vector export

Marcelina

Hello Everyone,

I came across very annoying issue. When preparing drawings for clients I want to present shaded 3d views or sometimes elevations also combined with technical drawings with dimensions in one file, sometimes on one page.

While exporting drawings to pdf in vector true representation these views are losing shading and only outlines are shown. What am I supposed to do to keep these shaded views with colour and in vector format? This is a huge issue for us.

Thank you.

Shaded views are raster views in the drawing and don't support vector output. However, are you using Export or Print to PDF? Use the Print to PDF with the settings below:

image.png

That will print to PDF with a mix of vector and raster on the output. You can open the PDF in Illustrator for example and see that the non-shaded will be vector. Note: You may need to set your non-shaded views to Precise prior to export if you want true curves. 

Maybe an alternative is to use the Part Color option in the views to show the different parts (it is an option on the views - don't have shaded on).  if you want all to be vector.