W11 BMP logo blank

jolizon590016

I have updated to Windows 11 and IC2021 is working excellent but stumbled on the ICD as my bmp logo on the templates is not displaying. Now it will display jpeg as it did not do before. Is thre a quick fix for this. I remember Kevin did a registry before for bmp. I tried to follow Malcolm's Exporting DWG Files - Embedding Images (logos) as Device Independent Bitmaps (for Windows 10 and 11), but I have to finish my work. Any advise is welcome and appreciated. regards

Hi Joseph,

From what I can see, ICD doesn't offer the necessary OLE option to insert *.bmp files as "Device Independent Bitmaps". I've tried inserting *.bmp OLE Objects in ICD 2022 within Windows 11 and they don't display. So unless I'm missing something, you're not going to be able to continue using *.bmp images within ICD (if you want them to be visible in Windows 11).

If you insert your logos as *.jpg or *.png files then they will not export with any drawing files exported as *.dwg or *.dxf. If you need to collaborate with others using *.dwg or *.dxf you really should be using CAXA DRAFT and not ICD. Maybe it's time you made the switch.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe