Cannot switch out auto select handle

cborer

Thank you Jonas.

But I wanted to explain:

No automatic activ handle when selecting from part to intellishape, (more work to me)

Then

Also I would like to diselect (checkbox): "Do not remember symetrical handle"

I had terrible failures cause of the remembering of symetric handle behaviour.

It is nice to select the 2 handles and symetrical adjust, but it should not remember it.

1 hour ago, cborer said:

No automatic activ handle when selecting from part to intellishape, (more work to me)

This is set on the shape (icon) that you drop from the catalog. You can right click on the shape icon in the catalog and choose Edit Catalog Item.

bild.png.134c2999d003d8ff8c68c67fa76ec255.png

Then remove the setting by right clicking the Sizebox handle of the shape that is now opened in a 3D Scene and choose Remove Active Handle.

bild.png.c5d778c71f3684739e176c7561c46d76.png

Then save and close the 3D Scene (which "is" that icon within the catalog that you chose to edit).

bild.png.3f323eb1922fffda1f0b9a0cd39a3055.png

Here in Sweden, we have made our own Starter catalog where the Active Handles are not set for any of the default shapes, except for the shape H Cylinder Through, where the diameter is the only value you can edit as there are no other handles. I really like the concept of Active Handles, but only when I myself choose to use them on shapes where it makes sense. I don't (personally) appreciate that someone else has set a certain handle as "active" for me, everytime I use a Block or H Cylinder etc.

Carlo, you can try our customized Starter catalog and just remove the junk in it that you don't want to keep. Some folder names are using Swedish and can be easily renamed (if you still want to keep that specific icon but also read what it is :)).

Starter.icc

Dear Jonas

That worked!

I am so happy!

1000 thanks!

Yes me too, ....auto active handle was just a pain to me.

Especially it should be to disselect in general......now I have a assembly with 10000 parts (or so) all with active handle :ninja:

Have a nice day

Carlo

POP5 mit Deckenholz.jpg

3 hours ago, cborer said:

Also I would like to diselect (checkbox): "Do not remember symetrical handle"

If you remove the toggle button for symmetrical control (by dragging with the left mouse button only) under Options, Interaction.

bild.png.303a91b6aa97e508dcdfd1ee18a8e3ab.png

This means that you can now still manage the round Sizebox handles in a symmetrical way, but instead of toggle it on/off by a button, you can do it in two other ways;

a) Use the right mouse button while dragging a Sizebox handle to get a symmetrical effect on either the Length, Width or Height handles.

b) Hold down the [Ctrl] key and select (any of) the Sizebox handles that you want to drag simultaneously.

I am not 100% sure, but I have seen issues where the "symmetry function" stays active also when you don't expect it. But I have only seen this effect when the toggle button has been active (visible). I have never seen the symmetry staying active also afterwards when dragging with the right mouse button or using the [Ctrl] key. If you find that a shape "stays symmetrical" even though it shouldn't, have a look under the IntelliShape properties and make sure that the Resizing Behaviour for the handles are set to From Opposite Handle (not About Sizebox Center = symmetrical).

bild.png.70630d0db308d894b52edd49dd09e2d0.png

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna

Thank you Jonas

I played that through and you are right.

See movie : if the option is on it remembers that both handle where activated, cannot deactivate.

Also even more confusing when only one handle is activated but when I drag on it  the second activates.....so failure is for shure.

Edited by cborer

The symmetrical toggle button will show you what to toggle to next, not what it currently is. I agree that this is a bit confusing and we have spent many support calls explaining this to users. This is another reason why we have deactivated the toggle button in our localized Swedish installation. Using the right mouse button or [Ctrl] select Sizebox handles are more stable ways and more predictable for most users (not all), but those ways are not self-explaining either.

When the toggle button shows both "handles" as yellow - it is currently not symmetrical (only one Sizebox handle is selected and will move). Click and it will toggle to be symmetrical (both handles will move).

bild.png.b65db7f4433201da7c278f8f763e0327.png

When the toggle button shows one "handle" as yellow and one as red - it is currently symmetrical (both Sizebox handles are selected and will move). Click and it will toggle to single direction (only the selected handle will move)

bild.png.e5be30f84167da2742c8897fe8a09f63.png