Convert straight tube to helical/conical tube without changing its length.

Guest Abhilash

Guest Abhilash

Convert straight tube to helical/conical tube without changing its length. I need to create different tubes with same surface area(2πL), so length is to be kept constant. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi Abhilash,

This is an interesting question. I don't don't know how to achieve what you want for a "Conical Helical" tube, but it is possible for a "Cylindrical Helical" tube using the "Wrap 3D Curve". Attached is a demonstration video along with the 3D Scene file. This has been created as a "Structured Part" rather than as an "Innovative Part", so that all of the construction elements remain associative within the part.

Hopefully this gives you some idea of what's possible. However, you may need to invest some time in understanding how to model in "Structured Part" mode.

Malcolm

Helical Tube of Fixed Length.PNG

Helical Tube of Fixed Length.ics

• Thanks 1

Hi Ablilash,

May I suggest that we firm up the desired length of the tube as we can determine the length of the wire in this example using 3D curve> 3D Curve Path

image.png.9f93b78753bfe7156176fb11226ad23d.png

image.png.0a9c9fd658f9b1199d5be3fb6bac0652.png

Then check the 3D curve overall length

image.thumb.png.dbe3c7056d06e63d1c9db52ba08daf75.png

Similar to what Malcolm did. Put the right entry on the Helix dialog, shape like what Harley did. The 3D wire will be the guide for your pipe with shape and length.

Edited by jolizon590016
  • Like 1