attachement point issue

TBoom

using a combination of attachment points and parametric expressions, i stumbled upon an issue i can't seem to fix.

I have an attachment point on a closet that drives my hinges. I also am able to drive the position of my attachment point by first unlocking it and then entering some parameters in the properties of the assembly where the AP is placed. both these functions work perfectly on there own, but not when i combine them.

when I want to drive my AP i need to unlock it first ( it doesn't seem to work when i don't) and by doing so it isn't able to give the necessary info to my hinges.  

Anyway to fix this or is this a bug in 2021? 

Do you have a simple example you can upload that shows the issue?

In 2022, we added the ability to add constraints to the attachment points which should solve your case as it would be a dimension that appears in the parameter table to drive the AP location. This is added using the positional constraints command.

Cary

I've attached a catalog with the closet and the hinges. the top assambly of the closet has a designvariation to make a cutout in the top corner. when i do so, i need the attachmentpoint to go down the same length as the cutout.  the expression i need is "IF( (GreeplijstPar == 1); (Sizebox\Height - 78 mm); ((Sizebox\Height - 78 mm) - GreeplijstH) )" but i can't enter it without unlocking the AP first.

catalog AP.icc

I'm a little lost in the file. Which attachment point (name) are you trying to apply this formula too? Are you adding a parameter to the parameter table with this expression information and then going to the assembly properly page, attachment point page, and turning on Show Formulas and just typing in the parameter name or are you trying to type the full expression there? Typing in a parameter name would be better. 

Let me know so that I can trace this down better.

i cleaned up the catalog, only 1 attachmentpoint now. In the previous catalog, I tried entering the full expression in the attachmentpoint page, but in this catalog i made a new parameter in the parameter table (APposition). But that doesn't solve it, aslong as i don't unlock the AP, it won't accept the parametric positioning. I also attached a video to demonstrate it.

catalog AP.icc

Yes with the expression route and attachment points, the lock will override the expression as it is trying to constrain to the geometry already. In 2022, you can use dimensional constraints on the attachment points which then will be available directly in the parameter table to drive the values with expressions. So I don't think there is a workaround in 2021.