Printing actual size

cmw1

I have searched high a low through these forums, IC Academy, and all of the various help sources for IC to find an answer to the most basic question.... How do I print a part to be actual size on the print? I've tried in both IC and CAXA. I've resorted to making the most simplest of parts (an 80mm OD x 36mm ID Washer) and I can't get it to print to the correct size. I'm printing on ANSI-A paper. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. 

Unless I am misunderstanding, as long as your ICD or CAXA template sizes are for the correct output paper size, all you need to do is scale your views on the drawing paper space to be 1:1.  If you are trying to print on ANSI-A size paper (216mm x 279mm  /  8.5in x 11.0in) and choose an ANSI-A style template (there are several default that come built in IronCAD, but you can create your own custom templates off of those as well), just set up your placed views to be at a 1:1 scale.

In contrast, my company scales most of our drawings to D-size paper (22in x 34in) for fabrication, however we print for in-office review using B-size or Tabloid (11in x 17in).  So when we set up a 1:1 view for the D-size sheets, when we print something out in the office, the "actual size" of those views are really at a 1:2 because the sheet size is half of what is intended for the final output.

So, if you are intending to output on A-size, choose/setup your templates to utilize A-size paper space, setup your views to display at 1:1 scaling, and print on A-size paper then your output drawing views should be scaled to "actual size" in 1:1 for direct comparison.

I made a quick video to show how I would get setup to print a 1:1 view on an A-size.  I hope it helps and I'm not misunderstanding what you're asking to do.  

Also, I added a quick ICS and ICD file of the washer you mentioned as an example.

- Sam

Snip of Example A-size Drawing in ICD:

image.thumb.png.a2b714ccb1e4bdd84c0de0d7ddd43008.png

WASHER (80mm OD x 36mm ID ).ics WASHER (80mm OD x 36mm ID ).icd

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the precise response on this! The video helped tremendously. Turns out my issue is with my printer not translating correctly. Once we switched printers it all came out correctly. Thanks again!