Section view adds unwanted lines

Guest Miller

Guest Miller

Most of the time when I section a view I end up with extra lines around the sectioned part, cropping the view sometimes works but seems like a bug

Guest Miller

Capture.jpg

Notice the line jotting out from the base of the part on the lower left that shouldn't be there. Sometimes there are dashes above as well

Guest Miller

Working perfectly now that I suppressed the profiles, I'm only on day 3 of the transition from autocad and solidworks to ironcad so still learning all the tricks, your help is appreciated!

Guest Miller

Day 1 I hated it, halfway through day 2 I figured out the coordinate ball and now I like it. Its difficult to break my mind from the other platforms but so far going without tutorials and following a rapid learning curve it is a great platform.

3 hours ago, Guest Miller said:

Day 1 I hated it, halfway through day 2 I figured out the coordinate ball and now I like it. Its difficult to break my mind from the other platforms but so far going without tutorials and following a rapid learning curve it is a great platform.

Yes, once you get your head around how the 'Triball' works and the immense number of handy functions it performs, then you've 'taken the hill' and it's just a matter of 'mopping up some small resistance'

Coming from AutoCad and SolidWorks, you may like to explore the ability to design in structured mode ( in IC  ) just like the other two but you have the extra goodies like the Triball to add to it.

Look for some of Malcolm Crowe's posts on this subject, he's the 'Structured Part design Guru' who contributes here regularly.

Harley

• 3 months later...