is it my computer or ironcad...??

JSHALLAKER

hey everyone.

ok I have been pulling my hair out all day just doing this one file.

To make any changes i.e move the holes it takes about 5 mins ( I made a cup of tea waiting for it ) for the program to sort itself out, and thats if it doesnt crash doing it.

Even updating the drawing is painful.

I told the customer it would only take an hour, that was, well sometime earlier today

CPU usage is only at 10%

memory at 30%

Brand new computer and the first time I have done this many holes in a part so dont know if its the computer not right or..??

it seems to be making the slots after any change. even when I am not doing any changes to the slots.

If I suppress the slots, ( this takes about 12mins) then all is good.

Which makes me learn towards Ironcad not being able to handle this sort of thing...

But if someone could have a look at the file and see if they are getting the same very slow process at least then I wont have to throw the computer out the window

thanks

Justin

screen.ics

Hi Justin,

Look at this: https://community.ironcad.com/index.php?/topic/14667-drawing-perf-metal-without-bringing-the-system-to-its-knees/&tab=comments#comment-55682

There just to many slots that requires regeneration, so it isn't your hardware at all. There used to be a SolidWorks 2014 test that can bring it down to its knees if the the hardware was not up to it. The density of your slots is many times over this.

What you will notice is that you can actually do it in the first place, as soon as you edit, it will just takes much longer.

Josh or someone else may explain it better than I can.

regards joseph

SWX bench.png

It is probably the Oblong Clusters that are causing the issue. These are not using patterns or linked features which perform better. When you use a pattern feature for example, it optimizes the performance for the shapes on the geometry. These would need to be recreate using the pattern feature then a pattern of a pattern for example.