Has anyone else had a huge performance hit with IC 2021?

bmckelvie

I have been trying to use 2021 on and off since it came out and it is so unbearably slow that I keep reverting back to 2020.

Even simple things like trying to resize a sizebox require clicking and waiting often for 6-10 seconds. This is on small assemblies that only have 6 to 10 basic parts in them.

Is there a new setting that arrived with 2021 that I can disable to make it run again, or has anyone else has experienced this?

2020, 2019 and before all ran great on this computer. 

16GB ram

CPU I7-6820HQ

Samsung NVME hard drive

Nvidia Quadro M1000M video card

This is not normal in 2021.

Try resetting all your settings back to default:

1. Close IronCAD
2. Delete the XML files under C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\IRONCAD\23.0\en-us\Customization
3. Delete this key in the Windows Registry:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IronCAD\IRONCAD 23.0

Try updating your graphics driver.

All else fails, uninstall and reinstall IronCAD completely.

Please do the following to help us investigate this:

1. Send us your user Registry.

Run regedit.exe
Export the key \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IronCAD\IRONCAD 23.0\
Send us the .reg file.

2. Run WinDebugger to gain more logs:

Please download and install the Microsoft Debugger:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=864422

(install just the Debugging Tools for Windows from the SDK installer)

1.            Start the WinDebugger (Start, Programs, Windows Kits, Debugging Tools for Windows (X64), WinDbg (x64)
2.            In WinDbg,  go to File, "Open Executable"
3.            Browse to ironcad.exe (typically in C:\Program Files\IronCAD\IRONCAD\20xx\bin)
4.            Click No to the question "Save information for workspace"? (if it comes up)
5.            Click View, Call Stack
6.            Press F5 to go (you may have to press F5 several times to get IronCAD starting, the bottom of the WinDebugger Command window should say "Debuggee is running" when it is actually going)
7.            Let IronCAD attempt to run as usual.

Then when the crash occurs save and send the window text in WinDbg:
1.            Select the Command window
2.            Go to the Edit menu, "Write Windows Text to File..."
3.            Select the Calls window.
4.            Go to the Edit menu, "Write Windows Text to File..."

Then send those text files.  These files can help us determine why IronCAD is failing.

• 1 year later...
Guest DId this ever get solved?

I am having very similar issues. I've tried installing this on two different Windows 10 machines, which have no trouble running any other graphics/CAD packages, and it's just.... super unbelievably slow and clunky. When I drop a single cube and try to orbit, I get maybe 1 - 1.5 frame updates/second. The last time I used IC back in 2017, it was super zippy and responsive on much slower hardware.

7 hours ago, Guest DId this ever get solved? said:

I am having very similar issues. I've tried installing this on two different Windows 10 machines, which have no trouble running any other graphics/CAD packages, and it's just.... super unbelievably slow and clunky. When I drop a single cube and try to orbit, I get maybe 1 - 1.5 frame updates/second. The last time I used IC back in 2017, it was super zippy and responsive on much slower hardware.

What are your system specs? You should certainly not get that frame rate and it is not common among the user base.

I have never had any issues (as far as performance) in 2021 IC on any of my three computers. One of which is six years old with no upgrades since the day it was built.

• Like 1