changing sheet metal part properties with out affecting over all sizing of part

Mitch Aucote

Hi ,

just wondering if anyone could help me out with this .

We have changed manufacturers and they have different v blocks for there presses which have a tighter radius , so I am having to change all of our sheet metal parts from a radius of 4.5mm and a k – factor of 0.44 to a radius of 1mm and a k-factor of 0.2 .

The problem i am  having is that when I change the radius of the bend the over all size of the part is completely changing , I think its because the parts were drawn with the bend feature not outside bend feature so i am losing the difference in radius on the parts , is there any way around this with out remodeling with the new part properties ?

sheet metal part 1.jpg

sheet metal part 2.jpg

Hi Mitch,

You may have worked this out already, but I think that Kevin is referring to "Edit Bend Alignment" option when you right-click on a bend. See attached images.

This allows you to change the type or distance of alignment without needing to recreate anything.

Malcolm

Sheet Metal - Edit Bend Alignment 1.png

Sheet Metal - Edit Bend Alignment 2.png

Which version do you have of the product? It was a recent enhancements. However, you can still access that capability at the part level. Select on the part (cyan) and move over the bends and a handle will appear. You can right-click on those to access these options.