Extrude Cut through all Parts

GregR

I made a separate sketch for my drill holes that I intend to put on the parts I have. It's titled M12 Drill Holes

How do I make a sketch and an extruded cut that applies to all my parts? If I create a standalone part, nothing gets cut. If I choose a part, it only lets me select 1 part.

I've attached my file.

Any help or tips on how to achieve the same goal in IRONCAD in future would be greatly appreciated!

Assembly.ics

Edited by GregR

Make sure all your parts are in one assembly.

Go to the catalogue and right click and drag in a hole block onto one of your parts. Having right clicked you now get the option to drop on an assembly feature. Choose this and then choose "All assemblies/part under selected level". It will now apply this hole block to all of your parts. (it may only interact with one, but if you were to stretch it out it would cut all of them)

Go into your sketch, and then copy to clipboard all of your profiles - come out of the sketch.

Drill down into the assembly feature hole block (you will have noticed an "AF Group" created in the tree, expand this and there should be a H Block, right click and edit cross section of this H Block - paste in the 2d section you just copied

Nick

Edited by NCHETTLE
spelin