Guest Vincent

Guest Vincent

Good afternoon all

I am using Ironcad 2015. I really enjoy designing in Ironcad and making 2D drawings through CAXADRAFT.

I have however a question regarding the hatch. I am wondering where I can set the type of default hatch that apply to my 2d sections in CAXA and especially the scale of the hatch (for already realised hatches and coming ones). Each time I make a section, the hatch is so thin, looks like a color painting.

Thanks a lot for your help

Vincent

From our CAXA expert:

If it's a section view of a 3D view, we really lack the default scale to set the hatch.
If it is a 2D hatch, the hatch function uses the last scale value as the default.

The existing hatch scale cannot be modified uniformly by similar style methods.

Hi Vincent,

This doesn't help regarding default settings, but just in case you aren't aware of this, CAXA 2020 has added a "Batch Edit" option (bottom left of screen) for editing hatches. That is, you can select all of the hatches within a view at once (using box select), and apply a new scale. The link below is to a previous post regarding this.

Also, CAXA 2015 wasn't the best of versions as it was full of bugs. You should try testing CAXA 2020 and consider upgrading.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

• 1 month later...

Plik z załącznika należy rozpakować i zamienić do: C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2015\bin\CAXADraft\Support\pl-pl
Działa również z wersjami poprzednimi 2015/2014/2013/2012 i nowszymi 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020

Dla małych części poprawna wartość zamiast 0.45 to 0.08. Wystarczy edytować plik przez notatnik. Proporcjonalnie. Wartość 0,08 odpowiada 2 mm.
In ENGLISH version you need change name "Bez szyku" to "No Pattern" I think I'm a good "programmer"  Maybe a gift that I share this information? :)

*No Pattern, No Pattern@0

dl_CAXA.png

HATCH.zip

Edited by dleczynski

Thanks for sharing Dariusz. It never occurred to me that the "No Pattern" hatch could be influenced by the Hatch.pat file. Ideally these changes would be made within CAXA, but it does demonstrate that there is at least an option available to users for making changes.

After experimenting, I have made the following changes to your original suggestions:

1. I have used standard hatch code syntax for the added "No Pattern". In two of the attached examples I have used the hatch code of ANSI31, but changed the angle from 45 deg to 0 deg (since "No Pattern" automatically applies a 45 deg). I have also used the hatch code of EARTH for demonstration purposes (both without changing amending the angle).
  2. Unlike the other hatch patterns, the scale of the "No Pattern" hatch pattern is governed solely by the values shown within the Descriptor Lines (rather than by the "@...."). In the attached ANSI31 example the only applicable value is 0.125". Changing this value to 0.0625" halves the scale. Changing this value to 0.25" doubles the scale. The attached EARTH example requires scaling all of the values apart from the first (which is the angle).
  3. I have removed the "@....." from the end of the description (No pattern@0) as this scale factor doesn't appear to have any effect on the "No Pattern" hatch pattern.
  4. Rather than adding to the top, I have added this new "No Pattern" to the bottom of the list. The reason being that when added at the top, the Hatch Dialog box shows 2 x "No Pattern" one above the other. Placing at the bottom influences the original "No Pattern" without adding confusion at the top of the list.

Thanks again. Perhaps there are some more insights to add from others.

Malcolm

Hatch.pat - ANSI31 Hatch Code.PNG

Hatch.pat - No Pattern Hatch Code based on ANSI31.PNG

• Like 1

I understand that I helped you and managed to get the default hatching?

It is important to put "No Pattern" at the end because if it was the first one in the graphic selection would flip the selection. So you choose Cork, and Brick chooses physically.
If No Patter is at the end the selection is correct.

:) i know more of such "flowers", eg creating your own template frames has special operations. (a normal user will not do this.) for example frame offset by 5 mm in tpl

flip.png

Edited by dleczynski