Problem with Thermal Analysis MPIC2020

Frank Hofs

Hello,

I have been testing Multiphysics 2020 because within our company we want to transition to IronCAD and Multiphysics 2020. However, I came across a problem with the thermal analysis part. I shall elaborate below:

I go through all the steps; selecting the analysis type for thermal, selecting the material and checking the box for thermal, applying the constraints, applying the load-source, generating the mesh. But when I press "Analyze" I get a warning message: "Warning: Material uses physics not allowed by Analysis Page" followed by "Warning: BC for Thermal physics ignored as Physics not set on Analysis Page".

Maybe it is a bug or maybe it is just me making an error. But even if I change the material properties manually I still get the same Warning/Error. I have added pictures of both messages.

The Stress Analysis part works fine.

If someone can show me what I am doing wrong that would be appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

1 Warning material uses physics not allowed.PNG

2 BC for thermal physics ignored.PNG

Frank,

I honestly cant get it working myself. I know that about 2 years ago I tried it out and it worked. I did notice that when i go to edit my material the thermal properties are all grayed out so this may have something to do with it. I am curious now myself.

- Spencer

Guest MPIC Support

We have confirmed this is an issue. We are reviewing it and will suggest temporarily solution if a patch release is  not needed.

MPIC Support

Guest MPIC Support

We have confirmed the issue is due to the additional licensing control/check that was added in MPIC2020.

To temporarily bypass the current issue, enable the physics you want to use in "Analysis", save/exit the MPIC model, and then open the model again. In this way, the physics enabled in the "Analysis" are now all active and allowed to use. Note that MPIC trial license always has all physics enabled, and thermal physics is included in all MPIC version as well.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and we will work with IronCAD for a patch update soon. The affected version is v948 (10.3.329.948). You can also check the update status using "Analysis/About Analysis..." to see service patch availability from IronCAD.

MPIC Support

MPIC Support, thank you very much for your reply!

I will try the bypass to at least test the thermal analysis. But I will be looking forward to the patch release.

Thanks again for looking into the problem and working towards a solution.

Regards,

Frank

• Like 1

• 1 month later...