Save $500 with IronCAD

tlehnhaeuser

 Adobe AcroBat PDF Exporting Trick.

Many times we need to export documents in .pdf format for our sales tools. But being like many companies spending $500 (Acrobat Distiller) to simply convert Word to PDF seems excessive. Then it dawned on me, IronCAD can export to PDF!!! and it is fully Windows integrated. I thought, I should be able to embedd any Microsoft application such as Word, Excel, etc. into the drawing environment and then export to PDF. So I tried it, and wow! it worked. They are a bit grainy but legible. I figure with some playing around with my new found application I can get them less grainy. Once again IronCAD saves me money!. If anyone finds the right formula to better quality, please let me know.

I agree that this would be an amazing tool, if the resolution were higher. The output is grainy because IronCAD is apparently rendering the embedded file as a graphic at 72 pixels/inch. I have mentioned this to tech support as a concern, since it also affects shaded rendering views. It would be really great if there were settings for PDF output, so that we could select the best rendering resolution. As it is, we still have to use Distiller if we want a decent output for shaded views and embedded files.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Another great one is qvPDF (http://www.nbsi.de/phpBB2/index.php).

It is based on GhostScript and allows you to set all print options (security, format, etc.) with invisible text in the document itself. So you can directly assign print options with different drawing templates, just to give one example.

Cheers,

Beat