Item bubble display User Name

DSNEATH

Hi all.

Is there a way to have the item bubble display the "User Name" from the scene in a drawing in icd.

I want to maintain links between mirrored parts in the scene, but identify left and right hand versions separately in the drawing.

David

Hi David,

After making a link copy and mirror move on the part with the triball, you can rename the username through its property

On the ICDrawing after projecting the view, go to>annotation tab>select Text with leader and go to its property. Repeat to next

You can also just use Text box but you have to associate it to each model drawing

Regards - joseph

IBeam.png

IBeamICD1.png

IBeamICD2.png

IBeamICD3.png

IBeam.ics IBeam.icd

Edited by jolizon590016
correction
  • Like 1

Thankyou for the replies, much appreciated.

Malcolm: I use CAXA extensively for fabrication drawings, and ICD shaded views to show assembly set out instructions as these are nice and crisp.

Pity I can't access the IRONCAD DRAFT forum any longer, as I haven't fully got my head around BOM's in the CAXA environment.

Joseph: That suggestion will work very nicely.  Is there a way to make this the default for the text with leader?  Not a big issue as the first one can be edited, then copy and pasted to everywhere that is needed, update the view and all the texts update accordingly.

Once again many thanks.

David

For the Item Bubble in the ICD - Right-click on the BOM Table and go to Properties. In the Upper or Lower Split, you can change the setting to Custom. Type in PartName with that case. Then update the drawing. You will probably need to adjust the Item Bubble Size as well if you do this (which is on the Styles and Layer for Item Bubbles - For example use rectangle and best fit). 

Cary

Hi David,

Yes ICD does produce better renders. For your interest, if you set the background colour in CAXA to white it improves the quality of rendered views. We work with a black background, but when we want to create a PDF that includes a rendered view we set the background to white before setting the view display type to shaded with edges. Attached is an example.

Also, yes it is difficult to get your head around CAXA's BOM; but once you've set up the BOM Styles how you want (along with the "Options/System/Set Matching Rules"), then it works really well.

Malcolm

CAXA 2019 PU1.1 - Improving Quality of Rendered Views.pdf

5 hours ago, DSNEATH said:

Joseph: That suggestion will work very nicely.  Is there a way to make this the default for the text with leader?  Not a big issue as the first one can be edited, then copy and pasted to everywhere that is needed, update the view and all the texts update accordingly.

Hi David,

What you may do is use the A Text box, set the property and drag and drop it to a new catalog in ICDrawing. From there you can drag it back and associate it to view without ever setting the text property every time. Just remember save the new catalog so it will be on the list next time when run IC.

regards

Edited by jolizon590016

Hi Cary.

This doesn't work for me.  I can use the item bubble in ICD to bring up any other attribute except for this one.  I have in the past played around with many expressions and variations in case etc., but to no avail.    I have IRONCAD 2017.  Has this been a later enhancement?

Malcolm:  I have always simply used the black background in CAXA, never thought of changing background colour to improve rendered views.  I will give this a go.

Thankyou to all.

David

Nice tip Joseph, although I generally need a leader.  Also, with the text with leader, I can only seem to display these properties at the part level.  Is there an alteration that can done to the string text to display at this at an assembly level?

Regards

David

I did this recently for SED, though this may not be exactly what you may want. But this conveys how to customize the strings to display the desired results. Just go through the images and it explains visually on how it relates to the scene and selection tree

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model.png

Titleblock_fields.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs1.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs1aVP.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs1bVP.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs2aVP.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs2bVP.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs3aVP.png

Test assembly_subassembly_part_model_ICDs3bVP.png

23 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

I'm not sure when it was added. Here is a video showing the process that I know works in 2019 and the upcoming 2020 release. 

Cary

Yes Cary, this is what I would have liked to be able to do....maybe one day when I update. 

In the mean time,  Joseph's post has given me some more homework to do.:D

• 1 month later...