High resolution 3D scan in IronCad

Binkhorst

Hi, I have issues loading a high resolution 3D scan into IronCad. I am using an Einscan pro 2x for scanning life casts of heads and hands.

It seems that *.obj files are not applicable. The following notificationappears:  There is not enough data at line 1.

I can only import *.stl files, but IronCad seems to have a memory or processing issue, due to the unworkable delay at each operation after importing. Who can help me out?

My system is an Intel i9-9900K with 64GB internal and a NVIDA Quadro P4200 card.

I also believe CloudCompare can read in the OBJ files and refine them as well. So you can reduce the scan amount to have a more usable file when importing into IronCAD. 

The error you received could be the formatting from the scanner compared to the OBJ formatted document we support (maybe a newer format option that we do not support). If you can try the cloud compare to import and edit and save, you may be able to resolve the issue.

Cary

6 hours ago, jolizon590016 said:

Hi. Can you try this.

Can your Einscan pro 2x save or output .pts file as IRONCAD can process the scan with all the info. Also I used CloudCompare to mesh pts file and save it as obj

Jolizon, the specs say:

Outputs standard file formats includes STL, OBJ, PLY, ASC, 3MF and P3 (global markers file)

https://cdn-3d.niceshops.com/upload/file/EinSacn_Pro_2X-2X_.pdf

The software of the device already provides the possibility to create a mesh and save it for further use...

Ok. thanks for the update. As Cary noted and suggested please give that option a try. To further verify if the .obj output is more current than what IC does have, download blender 2.80 release version as it also imports .obj to see the fidelity of file. regards.

Keep in mind that if you are using any sort of RTX GPU the above mentioned version of Blender is the only one that will work for you if you use Cycles rendering. You should be good in either version with the card you have personally. I do many many .obj file exports from IronCAD to Blender and they work fantastic. I am using it right now in fact. Good suggestions and good luck.

-Spencer

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had a bad experience with CloudCompare a year ago, their technical support could not help me import my 3d scans from Artec Studio into their software in OBJ format and I canceled my subscription.  It turned out to be some kind of bug, but I was late with my project because of that. Now I'm using a 3d converter (AccuTrans3D) for similar purposes.