Dimensioning

bbuche

Am I the only person that has a huge problem with dimensioning? I use a top orthographic view

and to pick an edge or a corner sometimes is an absolute nightmare. Almost mouse throwing is

happening when I know there should be a mid point on an edge and IC will just not pick it. I change

from any geometry to nearest and doesn't really help. Does anybody have any tips or does this happen

to them as well.

Thanks

B-

Hello bbuche,

I am going to assume you are talking about in the IC native drawing software due to the frustration described. There are many issues with dimensioning in icd. Can you send an example of what you are trying to dimension and i will tell you how i would do it? Most of the issues don't have an actual solution, but more of a work-around. Such as placing a line with the line creation tool and then using it to dimension and setting it to a hidden-annotation layer. If you provide a little more information i may be able to help, Thanks.

Sometimes the issue is the projected geometry is not true geometry (i.e. it is projected as a spline curve). In those cases, we don't support the dimension to it. We are working to make changes in the 2020 on the dimension so if you have examples, please send them in and we can add them to the test list for improvements. 

Thanks

Cary