CAXA DRAFT DIMENSIONING TIP

PWATSON

Hi Everyone.

This is a technique i use when dimensioning in CAXA which saves me quite a bit of time. I figured i would post in case there are some out there who are not aware of CAXA's strength when dimensioning drawings.

It is possible to make changes to your dimensions at the time of placing the dimension rather than placing the dimension and then going back to edit. In order to do this, a right mouse click is done when placing the dimension. This will open the dimension properties dialog box which will give you options to change the style, add notes, add prefixes and suffixes, tolerances ect before the dimension is placed onto the drawing.

I created this short video to show the technique.

If this is new to anyone I hope it helps.

Cheers

Peter

CAXA_dimension_tip.mp4

Next tip. You can not create clean templates you have to use the existing one, to keep the layout correct (this is a bug but you must know how to get around) - if you want to keep a 5 mm clearance from the frame.

I am sending my own in the attachment.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CAXA\CAXA CAD CXIC-INT-IRONCAD 2019 (x64)\19.0\pl-PL\Template

Template.zip