Loop an animation

Mike Hatch

You can create a loop per path in IronCAD as well if that is what you are looking to do. Create an animation path. Open the Animation Editor. Find the path under the part/assembly. Right-click on it and go to properties. In the Time Effect Tab, you can change the path to Linear for example and Lap it to create a loop.

Cary

You can create a loop per path in IronCAD as well if that is what you are looking to do. Create an animation path. Open the Animation Editor. Find the path under the part/assembly. Right-click on it and go to properties. In the Time Effect Tab, you can change the path to Linear for example and Lap it to create a loop.

Cary

49133[/snapback]

Hi,

Setting "Lap" for a part reverses the motion of that part halfway through the animation.

The apparent speed of a "Lap" part is doubled, so all parts must be set to set to "Lap" to maintain the animation integrity. The same applies to "Repeats" at different rates for the repeat #.

I realise these are time are "time effects" and Dr Who has shown these can be quite anomalous, but should not Lap and Repeat be global ?, having set up an example such as the gearbox (file in this thread), setting a Lap and/or Repeat for one part breaks the overall animation.

Back to the question, by loop, I mean set it off and have it run continuously (loop back to the start at the end). Not start, get to the end and reverse back as "Lap" does. So another button in time effects ? Loop or Cont (continuously).

I guess this may be particular to circular motions, but then our industry is motors, gearboxes and encoders, stuff that just goes round all the time (cat watching the washing machine comes to mind). We occasionally do linear slides as well, so there "Lap" is useful too.

Edited by Mike Hatch

Cary

49133[/snapback]

With the SmartMotion Editor open and dragging the % slider to adjust the display, I've had IronCAD crash and burn back to the desktop several times. I've no handle on a chain of events to cause this as yet.