Your Top 10 list of most useful tools in IronCAD

tlehnhaeuser

I am putting a list of the top 10 most useful tools for design in IronCAD. I have my list, but interested in learning of everyone's list. I looking for the tools that you use on a daily basis. I know the TriBall is #1, but i'm sure everyone has their own.

I welcome your top 10 lists.

Tx

Tom

ps: feel free to email me if you prefer.

• 1 month later...

For me its the Boolean operations. I have a lot of complex shapes that i often need to mate with each other. A simple copy/linking of one, then using it as a negative on the other part and i have the easiest match possible.

"Hide Part" in the 2D drawing. Allows me to isolate specific parts/assemblies in a drawing view, without the hassle of creating configurations in the scene (which need to be updated individually every time I make a change.) Views with hidden parts update automatically, since they are all made from the default configuration. The one drawback, is if you add anything new, you might have to hide it in affected views.

I am putting a list of the top 10 most useful tools for design in IronCAD. I have my list, but interested in learning of everyone's list. I looking for the tools that you use on a daily basis. I know the TriBall is #1, but i'm sure everyone has their own.

Tx

Tom

49107[/snapback]

Being able to boolean parts and maintain the intellishape features was a real game changer for me.

This increased my capabilities by a tremendous amount.

I am a bit partial to this as it was one of my enhancement requests.

I am still waiting for being able to edit these booleans in a separate window like you can for catalog items.

This would be helpful when features within it fail.

It would also be really cool if the boolean had some features that could be associated with it, like blending intersecting edges.

Tx

Tom

49107[/snapback]

Okay, had to think about top 10.

1) Intelligent booleans

2) Triball

3) Keyshot integration

4) Thread

5) Scale body

6) Intellishape beveling / surface reshaping

7) Fastener tool

8) Helix tool

9) Mate and align positioning tool

10) Catalog drag and drop

• Like 1

Okay, had to think about top 10.

1) Intelligent booleans

2) Triball

3) Keyshot integration

4) Thread

5) Scale body

6) Intellishape beveling / surface reshaping

7) Fastener tool

8) Helix tool

9) Mate and align positioning tool

10) Catalog drag and drop

49400[/snapback]

Thanks Troy.

I find this interesting, because many of you have very specific needs that I would have never thought of as Top 10, just goes to show.

Tx

T

• 4 months later...

0. UPDATE ALL VIEWS.
1. Triball
2. Sheet Metal Tools.
3. Dimension Tools.
4. Inspection Tools.
5. Export STP, PDF, PNG etc...
6. Assy and Part properties.
7. Revision table
8. BOM
9. View types in scene and drawing.
10. Assemble/Disassemble

• Like 1

1) Triball

2) Triball

3) Triball

4) Triball

5) Triball

6) Triball

7) Triball

8) Triball

9) Triball

and last, but not least.....

10) Triball

Haha, but in all seriousness. When it comes to unique features that make the navigation and modeling time in a scene the triball has seriously impressed me. I know many other programs use (or have the option for) a similar tool, but IronCAD has focused on it and optimized it. Most features work with the triball and this generally enhances most features by default. I think a direction was chose and stuck to and the payoff was huge, now if only Solidworks and other users take the time to Demo they may find the same to be true. Great question and interesting answers! 

- Spencer

• Haha 1

Hi

For Me They Are :

1- TriBALL/catalogue browser

2-Extrude / 3- edit cross section /4- sketch all commands / 5- Trim / 6- match face / 7- Smart dimension/ standard view( CAXA )/ 8- spin & sweep / 9-assembly, Boolean / 10- export/save as/import /FEA

Regards

Mehraeen

• Like 1