IronCAD 2019 - Issues

KLEA

I have been having lots of little issues since updating to the latest release. I have installed the patch as well.

Most of the issues are in CAXADraft with projected views.

Some examples:

- the 'ENLARGE' function works, but moving the enlarged view is very difficult and the anchor point is no where near the actual view.

- I am unable to update the projected Views when the 3D model has been changed. re-inserting the view does not update the view either, I have to re-start the program every time.

- Everything is a lot slower than before, particularly with projected views.

- CAXA keeps freezing, I have to shut down the program every time.

Also, any larger assemblies in IronCAD are slower, they were always a little slow but now they are slower. This is in regards to making any changes to parts.

sometimes even changing a model with only one part is really slow.

Some of this I think is the new release, it is possible the change in speed is just my computer.

any help is appreciated smile.gif

Hi,

I'm not seeing the issues your mentioned with DRAFT. It could possibly be an installation issue. Maybe try to uninstall and download the SP1 full install from here: Download 2019 SP1.

For the slow down in the scene, try turning off the Bold Edges (Right-click in the background and select Rendering. On that dialog, there is a check-box to turn on/off Bold Edges). This could have an impact depending on your model complexity.

Let us know.

Cary

I haven't seen the issues described in CAXA. Just the usual existing issues.

However, I have been experiencing the 3D scene freezing up on me regularly (on 2 separate Win10 machines). Each time it requires a restart of IRONCAD.

Malcolm

49094[/snapback]

You might try changing the driver type for rendering in Tools>Options>Rendering. Sometimes I've found that it made a big difference when large assemblies were slow or freezing. You need to restart Ironcad for the change to take effect.

Doug