updating each year.

KLEA

Sorry to hijack your post as I'm afraid I can't help, but comment on the problem of new IronCAD updates. Hopefully Kevin will take note.

New installs and IC2019 is due soon, do seem to loose any special key setups and menu configurations, selections and positioning, happens for us each year, we have to go and update the new install to match the previous one.

It might be simplistic but is it not possible for the new install to interrogate the previous, gather the users settings and then apply them. I have other programs that do precisely that making an update a painless process. We love IronCAD but the yearly update/install is a bugbear for such a good package.

We have mentioned it to our reseller, who I'm sure has passed it on, and I know its relatively minor for a hour or so's pain, but please it should be so simple.

You can export your .ucx file from they options menu and can save a lot of work with those items but as for button set-up this has never been an option in IronCad. It has been asked for many times but has not made it into the program yet.

UPDATE on the Keyboard shortcuts:

To migrate the keyboard shortcuts from v2018 to v2019 there are a couple steps involved (do all this with IronCAD closed):

1. Copy the XML file(s) from C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\20.0\Customization

to

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\21.0\Customization

2. Edit the XML file.

3. Search and replace IRONCAD20 with IRONCAD21 (should be in two places).

4. Save the XML and start IronCAD.

Migrating user settings would be very helpful.

We do not download/update our own programs, we have IT who come in and do this for us.

Having migration or some form of automatic set up would be very beneficial in this case as the IT guys tend to do the bare minimum and I have to come in later and set everything up correctly and get them back to uninstall the previous version. So trying to get them to do this would be a nightmare.

Thanks for your tips though, they will be very helpful this time round. smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
1. Copy the XML file(s) from C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\20.0\Customization

to

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\21.0\Customization

2. Edit the XML file.

3. Search and replace IRONCAD20 with IRONCAD21 (should be in two places).

4. Save the XML and start IronCAD.

48369[/snapback]

Could you please provide a screenshot for an example (if possible) to help me understand exactly what I'm meant to do and how I'm meant to edit the XML file.

thanks. smile.gif