H Block - Triball

ITAYLOR

Hi all

How do I tell the triball to attach itself to the corner point of a H-Block.

When I right click/To point... The triball does not behave on a H-Block like on a solid.

Are there any ways to do this?

Edited by ITAYLOR

The corner that you see is only a visible (graphical display only) extent of the shapes "box". It doesn't really "exist" as a geometrical point, which is what the TriBall is looking for.

The easiest way is to move the H Block inside the positive geometry and place the TriBall on the geometrical "corner" that appears and then (move it back and then) forward to where you want to go!

You can also go to the "Edit feature options", change to "Add Material". Move the tri-ball to the desired location, and then go back to the "Edit Feature options" and change back to remove material. It may not be as quick, but I have used these steps for other things once I learned it was there.

RJ

You can also go to the "Edit feature options", change to "Add Material".  Move the tri-ball to the desired location, and then go back to the "Edit Feature options" and change back to remove material.  It may not be as quick, but I have used these steps for other things once I learned it was there.

RJ

48036[/snapback]

Huge... another tip biggrin.gif

These forums really are a wealth of knowledge.

You can also go to the "Edit feature options", change to "Add Material".  Move the tri-ball to the desired location, and then go back to the "Edit Feature options" and change back to remove material.  It may not be as quick, but I have used these steps for other things once I learned it was there.

RJ

48036[/snapback]

That was a great tip RJ! In the IC Mech Utils catalog you have a tool named Solid/Hollow Toggle that you can drop in the background when you have selected the shape to switch. It makes it a bit faster wink.gif

That was a great tip RJ! In the IC Mech Utils catalog you have a tool named Solid/Hollow Toggle that you can drop in the background when you have selected the shape to switch. It makes it a bit faster  wink.gif

48051[/snapback]

Lucky you can't drop the toggle in this post or your name would be... Jonas@Hollowmakarna

It worked a treat, thanks for the tip [Are these post printable?].