Tutorials

CPARRIS

Hi, I have migrated from other CAD systems (Solidworks, Creo, Inventor) and thus far have been enjoying IronCAD, especially the Triball.. I see that IronCAD Poland produce some excellent You tube videos, covering some topics i have struggled with, is there any chance some of these videos can be re produced in English?

Can you  point me to some you need?

47426[/snapback]

I was particularly interested in these: I got asked animate some tooling a few weeks ago and only had a short time to do it, so had to resort to fusion360, i would love to get more proficient with IC.

I reference IronCADit and IronCAD Polska for learning IC.

Thanks

CP

• 3 weeks later...
Here's an English version of the first video, I don't have the Scene file for the second video.

47432[/snapback]

Thank you, it is these more advanced tasks that need a bit more English learning material, learning the basics of IC was quick and easy but then I hit a wall. Not having the time for trial and error I have had to jump over to a colleagues Inventor or SW desk to model up a design to animate, so it can be presented to clients. A design that requires a lot of Sketching also gets frustrating, as I find the interface much more difficult to work with that other Software packages.

I am trying to stick with it, but there have been times the few thousand extra dollars for SW may have seemed worth it, and of course Inventor subscriptions are now just a couple of hundred bucks more than the IC maintenance fee (with Mechanical).

I love the Triball and being able to come up with quick concept designs using Intellishapes and other drag and drop features, but unless I can become more knowledgeable and efficient with IC with the more detailed design and I think the company will push me to revert to back Inventor, I hope not and I am prepared to put the time in to master IC but need to material to do it. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, it is these more advanced tasks that need a bit more English learning material, learning the basics of IC was quick and easy but then I hit a wall....

I love the Triball and being able to come up with quick concept designs using Intellishapes and other drag and drop features, but unless I can become more knowledgeable and efficient with IC...

... I am prepared to put the time in to master IC but need to material to do it. Thanks again.

47511[/snapback]

Ditto... well said and that is coming from somebody with obviously much 3D experience.

As a 3D newby with only Sketchup in my quiver of arrows, I know that 'wall' you have hit all too well...

Thank God for this forum and generous input of so many good minds (without which I think I would be an Autodesk subscriber by now)...

BTW: Is there a quick way to save these forum topics (with threads) in a printer friendly format?

I have been saving all the video's of members tutorials and reply's so please know your labour is not in vain.

We who master IronCAD will be its best evangelists.