Keep Username on linked parts

tlehnhaeuser

I looked everywhere in the options panel and can't seem to find a place where linked parts keep the same name.

Currently when I rename a linked part the others don't update.

Its probably right before my eyes, but cant see it.

Any help is appreciated.

T

The Name by default should be set to All Linked Instances for new parts. If you have an existing part, you may have it set to Only this part. There is not a global setting.

Drop a block, right-click and go to properties. Under User name you will see the settings for All linked instances and only this part.

Cary

When you want linked parts or assemblies to have different names (maybe right vs. left) you find that setting under the Part Properties, below the User Name. You choose either This part only or All linked instances.

The reason why this can happen in an assembly is the option that Kevin showed above. When you open an assembly there might be linked instances in different external links which have changed individually and then a question appears when a higher level assembly is opened - asking you if you want to keep all linked names or if they should be set individually. If they are split up individually you must manually change the Part Property setting back to being linked again. I think the message is a bit unclear on this, it has way too much text. I would prefer an image instead.

When you want linked parts or assemblies to have different names (maybe right vs. left) you find that setting under the Part Properties, below the User Name. You choose either This part only or All linked instances.

The reason why this can happen in an assembly is the option that Kevin showed above. When you open an assembly there might be linked instances in different external links which have changed individually and then a question appears when a higher level assembly is opened - asking you if you want to keep all linked names or if they should be set individually. If they are split up individually you must manually change the Part Property setting back to being linked again. I think the message is a bit unclear on this, it has way too much text. I would prefer an image instead.

47302[/snapback]

Thank you Jonas

You reminded of these options which I forgot about, however the problem still persists and there no x-links. I think it may have soemthing to do with older legacy data, since on newer data I dont seem to have the issues.

TY

t