First Render - Parts moved

Just playing around trying to Learn IC3D...

Attached are two images

1. shows a screenshot (all good)

post-73299-1517905357_thumb.jpg

2. But when I render, it RELOCATES my 3D text parts.

Render_Unstable_Anchors.bmp

What went wrong?

Edited by ITAYLOR

Fail... 'convert to solid' had a bug too :-(

Thanks for the tip anyway, a handy button for future :-) but in this instance it says: "Cannot convert text with a bevel option selected". Without the bevel, the finish just doesn't quite cut it!

I found 'fixed to parent' and thought that would nail it, but 3D text continues to relocate itself.

I also tried 'Convert to Solid' on the large 'D' 3Dtext (which had no bevel). It converted successfully but made it look like a base Sketchup object with the curve losing its smoothness and lots of flat surfaces appearing. IronCAD 'rendering' is not proving a happy experience thus far... [i suppose there will be a fix somewhere]. Image shows crude surfaces and edges.

post-73299-1517960601_thumb.jpg

Another 'Workaround' seems to justify avoiding IronCAD rendering engine altogether. Just export a WYSIWIG image... EG. File/Export image/WYSIWYG and increasing dpi to about 600+

post-73299-1517962199_thumb.jpg

A simple WYSIWIG is not quite why I signed up for collaboration + Keyshot PRO... Sketchup does that well.

Attachment shows 3D text as created, with BEVEL (the deal breaker), exported by AVOIDING render engine.

post-73299-1517963117_thumb.jpg

Success of sorts...

"Never give up" [Nick Vujicic]

Edited by ITAYLOR

Try setting ACIS as the Default kernel before doing the Convert to Solid.

46996[/snapback]

Thx...

When I started the 3D Text learning curve I viewed a YouTube on 3D embossing and set my kernel to ACIS in two places... (I do not even recall where the settings are now... but kept the video on file).

Last night bevels were a deal breaker but Im happier just biting the bullet now and use standard 3D text. I'm in process of using a new font and tweaking our design... My wife is the colour gal and she is pretty impressed where our logo is going so all is good... We will obviously learn to render stuff one way or another and you guys can just wait for the smiles... biggrin.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

In the meantime my IC experience is becoming exponential and starting to get a feel for IronCAD (like a kid with training wheels blush.gif ) and enjoying the ride mostly.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Another oprion is IC-Mechanical. It has great 3D text tool

47003[/snapback]

Maybe you missed the start of the thread. The 3D text in IronCAD is already very impressive and that is not the problem. The issue is that it relocates text at random when you press 'Render Now'. The scene remains ok, but the renedered output image is rendered useless, pardon the pun.

BTW... If 3D text doesn't render successfully in IronCAD... why would the bug be fixed in Mechanical? And if the bug is fixed in Mechanical, why does it even exist in IronCAD? The suggestion to spend another $1750au is beyond me? Unless of course IronCAD would like to compensate me with 'mechanical' as a PR gratuity.

A very disappointing bug. I hope the developers are onto this because it is a huge feature and 'rendering' is one of the big reasons I purchased IronCAD in the first place.

• 1 month later...

I used to be in manufactoring. Sometimes there was a geomtrical error in the part that made the CAM software go crazy. One easy fix was to export the modell (to step, acis, _xt) and then import it in IronCAD and then export it again. This helped me many times. My guess is that an export/import would help in our case as well.

/micke

• 2 months later...

Taming IronCAD would be impossible without all this help not to mention I am learning way more than the issue at hand.

My shout for bait and fuel... Drop by anytime and I will take you fishing!

post-73299-1526518826_thumb.jpg