PLEASE HELP, IRONDUDES!

Eric Foy

Oh...

Just the usual new OS rollout stuff. Networking breaks every other day, must be reset... settings are scattered all over the place in an entirely unintelligent manner, two or three different generations of UI look and feel... It just seems like a whole bunch of spaghetti code.

Everything from authentication issues to NTP server/client ambiguities and general no-workyness, to their new and disimproved licensing scheme wherein the software is licensed to a person who must have a hotmail or other approved email domain, to "Let's set you up with a Microsoft account" garbarge that I just hate.

Sorry, everyone, I'm just on a personal rant here, because I don't like the way the world is going, that's all.

But, man! If we could run IronCAD on linux... think what a sweet world that would be! You could embrace such superior standards, like Unix conventions, ODF export... Android functionality... all the really good stuff... and be free from the shackles of M$. Plus we would all get an immediate performance boost, to boot!

"But what about the ribbon interface?" you may ask. Who cares? Not me. I've never used it, and I never will. I get the job done with half the mouse clicks using the legacy interface. Again, that's just me and my personal taste, which, I understand, isn't in line with the rest of the world...

End of Rant.

Nothing really to see here. You should move along now.

;-)

Edited by Eric Foy

I agree with Eric, disclaimer, I nevwer used Linux so I cant say if its better or worse, but to follow the herd is something I daily fight.

The problem today, is if you are truly innovative and think outside the box, your basically put all the nails in the own coffin. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH!!

I feel I need to rant with Eric :-)

T

Eric,

I'm with you on the legacy interface. I don't know what I would do if they ever stop making it available. It is too bad that IC caved in to the "Ribbon" interface. I get that it is more familiar with new people coming from the other CAD systems, but the legacy interface is one of the main things that makes IC faster than the others. I like one click instead, if possible.....bad memories of ProE and the 10 deep menu's I guess.....done, done, done, etc............

Mike