Changing ics file name with linked icd files

HDEAR

It's probably very obvious and written in some instruction somewhere but how do you go about changing a name for an .ics file that has .icd files attached/linked to it.

I tried the 'save as' on a scene with both the .ics and associated .icd files open but the .icd files stayed linked to the original .ics file.

When I look at the properties on any of the 'icd views, the old linked .ics file shows but there seems nowhere to be able to renew the link.

Forget it - I found it DOH!

Edited by HDEAR

Open both and do a save as from the icd. There is an option on the save as dialog to save as on the scene as well. This will reconnect both to the new names.

41045[/snapback]

Hi Cary,

Have you tried this because it doesn't work for me? If I open both files and go to file "save as" from the .icd I can see the option to save a copy of the .ics but it's not highlighted or not available.

Usually I just copy and paste both files, rename them and then open the new .icd and relink it to the new .ics using "control shift L". This works but I have noticed the part number for the .icd usually takes a while to update after the relink.

Doug