Getting sectioned views to show in renders

HDEAR

How do you go about getting a part you have sectioned in .ics to show the sectioning effect in either Ironcad render or Keyshot?

Shot one is of the sectioned part in the scene. The sectioned intake louvre is shown and the right hand housing panel is hidden.

Second shot done in IronCad visualisation render. The sectioned louvre does not show the sectioned effect, but the hidden pane remains hidden.

Third shot is render in Keyshot. The sectional effect and the 'hidden panel' don't show their effect. Now I do know that to hide a part in a Keyshot render, you suppress the part in the scene or in the Keyshot item selection menu so that's no biggie.

I'd like to have the part I sectioned, show as a section in IC Render and Keyshot render.

Help please?

Section_1.JPG

Section_ICRender.JPG

Section_Keyshot.JPG

Edited by HDEAR

In your scene browser, right click on the section tool in the scene tree and change to precise mode.  That will give you what you are looking for.

Thanks

RJ

41020[/snapback]

Thanks. I tried that but because the louvre is an assembly of 4 outer frame extrusions and about 100 vane extrusions, 'Precise' only sections the outer frame and not the vanes.

I used 'Block' to see what effect that would have. It sectioned the outer frame but not the vanes. Perhaps it's how I make the assembly of the louvre? All the parts that make up the louvre are bought into the one assembly - there are no sub-assemblies. The vanes have been produced by linear pattern off one vane.

OK, I disposed of the linked pattern vanes and simply used Triball/copy of the required no of vanes across the louvre and it worked. 'Copy - Link' pattern didn't work for some reason. Precise mode was checked as well. The frame and louvres were one assembly.

Anyhow here are the results in Keyshot, and for the small amount of time it will take to change the other louvres, it's worth it.

Thanks for your help guys.

untitled.95.jpg

untitled.96.jpg

Edited by HDEAR