iPad and Compose - transferring files

HDEAR

I loaded Compose app on my iPad and used itunes to 'Add files' to the app. I cannot find out how I now access those files to load.

I note on the website it mentions "On the iPad, you can access the email or DropBox account from the Apple device and can select to load into IRONCAD COMPOSE"

Does this mean that using email or dropbox is the only way to load files and using the itunes transfer ofr files form PC/Laptop to the Compose App won't allow you to load that file?

I loaded Compose app on my iPad and used itunes to 'Add files' to the app.  I cannot find out how I now access those files to load.

I note on the website it mentions "On the iPad, you can access the email or DropBox account from the Apple device and can select to load into IRONCAD COMPOSE"

Does this mean that using email or dropbox is the only way to load files and using the itunes transfer ofr files form PC/Laptop to the Compose App won't allow you to load that file?

40552[/snapback]

Are you aware that you have to export the model in the IronCAD MOBILE format (*.icsw, not .ics) before you can open it on the iPad?

Are you aware that you have to export the model in the IronCAD MOBILE format (*.icsw, not .ics) before you can open it on the iPad?

40569[/snapback]

Nope - I'm an old fart, things like that don't come to my attention...easily ninja.gif

Thanks for the tip.

We tested it with iTunes and it does work, here's an Apple support article outlining the process:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

Once you have done that the file should be in Compose to load.

40563[/snapback]

Thanks Kevin. Yes I used that way of loading the files onto my iPad which worked seamlessly but the problem was when I opened Compose on iPad, I could not locate the files. B'Ludin pointed out I need to export it in .icsw format, which I wasn't aware I had to do before.