2008 Challenge

jolizon590016

Almost done the front RH fender. Patch surface seems to do a good job the mesh surface and did an extract surface as merge surface won't work with patch surface.

2008image.png

2008_fender.png

LHDvcrp.png

FVcrp.png

RVcrp.png

200801.ics

Edited by jolizon590016

After doing a 3D curve and trying to merge to create a surface, often I encounter disconnected U,V points. So what I have been doing is to do a new 3D curve, tracing or sketching over the previous 3D curve done earlier and apply Patch Surface. The Triball does the work however I have issues again with the missing cursor (maybe logitech track ball related).

So it is quite a repetitive step as the initial 3D curve drawing becomes a sketch guide.

Tom, is this the right thing to do? mellow.gifhuh.gifblink.gif

With that aside, it seems the easiest to do if you can't resolve the UV connections. I've done the front RH door. There are some surface imperfections as the point are not aligned or smooth adjoining draft.

door.png

Joe

I am still trying get a handle on surface myself, but I have noticed in recent releases you can use 2D shapes as curves and they maintain the connections better. So you can edit the 2D shape versus a 3d curve.

I will investigate further to learn the "logic" when and where to use what :-)

Thanks Tom. Hopefully we arrive at something  ninja.gif and get that surfacing within everyone's reach  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

regards

39974[/snapback]

Joe,

The surface elements can "well" - "only" in part structural design. Between the curves add up relations (constraints). Can edit the item and other shapes will be followed. See my example:

It seems there ways to get this done. The numerical inputs as Dariusz conveys (technical) and the freeform concept creation with the TriBall. It will be great if the mesh can be displayed and pull the points. I will go to roughs as to familiarize further and re do everything and sculpt as smooth as I can. In other words, it can be done by developing a technique and patience. Easy using patch surface, quite difficult or dexterity required for controlling the points

rear_door.png

• 2 weeks later...

At it again but still a way off. Creating 2D and extracting 3D curves moving point with TriBall.

Work in progress and hope not bore anyone. By the way I have attached the ics file. regards.

side_panel.png

200804.ics

Edited by jolizon590016