2d drawing

AKUSTER

1.) Zooming is not really comfortable, it reacts differently to the 3D scene. Why? dry.gif

2.) to add a dimension by using “Smartdimension” with holding the shift button,

I cannot choose lines from a imported STP file! Why? huh.gif

3.) The geometry behind a flat surface is showing up with lines “in a specific zoom distance”, where shouldn’t be there!

Especially by using extrusions! How can I suppress these lines? ohmy.gif

Thanks for you help.

1. The mouse wheel zoom Stepping Distance can be adjusted under Options, Interaction, Mouse.

2. Please send the STEP, .ics and drawing file. You can post them here or send them to support@ironcad.com. We will investigate this.

3. There is a limitation where thin parts may show edges of parts behind them at certain zoom levels. There is an ongoing effort to improve this situation but it hasn't yet been completely eliminated.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin

I tried to adjust the mouse but it is still different to the 3D enviroment comparing to 2D.

1. The mouse wheel zoom Stepping Distance can be adjusted under Options, Interaction, Mouse.

Next question: We have alot of parts with a length of 2-5meters.

1. to select the right view by doing the detail drawing. it would ne good to have zoom function in that preview picture.

2. another question: How can I define the length of the breack lines in a detail drawing? I dont want to adjust every line.

How can I do another view from the top exmp. by having the same outbreak sections?

CTU_LI_150201_06.icd

Hi Kevin

Do you have attempt to do dimensions on a very long element about 4 meter, that is several times brocken, because you want to have it on a A3 Format and in that part are severals wholes

I tryed to use ordinate dimensioning.

1.) the position of the text is on a totaly wrong position. Also if I am using the chaining dimensions, not working because the text is not visible!

Can you help me with these problems?

Tahnks

Andreas