2D Projected Curve from Model Edge Display

Karen Bond

Attached is an image showing the result of projecting a surface edge into the 2D sketch environment using the project command. (IC2015)

I have noticed that a couple of edges do not display in line with the original surface outline as shown.

I have also attached the surface model file. Does anyone know if this is just a display limitation, or is it producing an error?

The shape was originally imported from Rhino.

Thank you for any help.

post-39740-1421857622_thumb.jpg

Scene1.ics

Attached is an image showing the result of projecting a surface edge into the 2D sketch environment using the project command. (IC2015)

I have noticed that a couple of edges do not display in line with the original surface outline as shown.

I have also attached the surface model file. Does anyone know if this is just a display limitation, or is it producing an error?

The shape was originally imported from Rhino.

Thank you for any help.

39807[/snapback]

this is not a BUG geometric. just another display of curves. If you do extrude or patch sufrace get exactly the same model of ...

Thanks for your replies.

BTW, I think something similar to this is happening when you use the extract 3D curve on this same model edge.  The display shows a faceted outline which, in places, runs off the edge profile.

39812[/snapback]

I have experienced this issue as well

t

From what I experienced in the past, it happens with bezier and b spline not with fillets with polyline. What I do in my end usually I try to increase the surface smoothness or rendering facets of the model before projecting surface edge. Most often it works.

It maybe something that is similar or related what Dariusz pointed out when doing laser cutting with IC text as raster is converted to vector, it doesn't smooth out as well than expected.

Regards - joseph

• 1 month later...