stock table and tooltable text files

I made an instruction to customize the stock table txt. When I checked the tooltbl.txt, it seems be the same as the stocktbl.txt. Any information about this is fully appreciated.

Regards, joseph rolleyes.gif

Below are some notes in the readme from 2014. The Tooltbl and Stocktbl are split (one for stock one for form and punches).

Sheet Metal Tooltbl.txt and Stocktbl.txt for Metric Systems

* Please note that beginning with this release (v2014) we have separated the data related to Sheet Metal Stock from the Tooling data used to define Sheet Metal Punches and Forms. Sheet Metal Stock data will reside in the Stocktbl.txt file and Punch and Form Tooling data will reside in the Tooltbl.txt file. As a result, you have also been provided with Metric versions of these two data files.

* If you are running under Metric units and wish to change your Sheet Metal Punch and Form to use metric units, rename the tooltblMetricEU.txt or tooltblMetricUS.txt to Tooltbl.txt in the \Program Files\IronCAD\2014\AppData\en-us\SheetMetal location to have a metric based Sheet Metal table data. You will need to rename the current file in the directory to make a backup. If you do not have Administrator privileges on your machine, you may need to move the file to C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\16.0\en-us\SheetMetal in order for IRONCAD/INOVATE (Vista Machines use C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\*Product*\16.0 - where *Product* is IRONCAD, INOVATE, or IRONCAD DRAFT) to use the updated file. This change may cause existing sheet metal to lose editable table fields or may change the geometry if a new value is selected from the new table. Users should test the change to understand the changes that may occur.

* If you are running under Metric units and wish to change your Sheet Metal Stock to use metric units, rename the StocktblMetricEU.txt or StocktblMetricUS.txt to Stocktbl.txt in the \Program Files\IronCAD\2014\AppData\en-us\SheetMetal location to have a metric based Sheet Metal table data. You will need to rename the current file in the directory to make a backup. If you do not have Administrator privileges on your machine, you may need to move the file to C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\16.0\en-us\SheetMetal in order for IRONCAD/INOVATE (Vista Machines use C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\*Product*\16.0 - where *Product* is IRONCAD, INOVATE, or IRONCAD DRAFT) to use the updated file. This change may cause existing sheet metal to lose editable table fields or may change the geometry if a new value is selected from the new table. Users should test the change to understand the changes that may occur.

Thanks Cary for pointing this out. I will pass it on and this something I have failed to look upon. I will correct the pdf guide. By the way, if I load the StocktblMetricEU.txt as it is, it gives me flag as error in near line 56 message but doesn't occur with StocktblMetricUS.txt. I have read both txt files and the difference between them is that the EU version used comma as decimal separator, while the US used the period as decimal separator. Could this be the cause?

Again, regards and thanks - joseph

Corrected to near line 56

Edited by jolizon590016

Hi Joseph,

Please check the Regional Settings for your OS. Control Panel -> Region and Language. In the Formats page, at the bottom is "Additional settings...". Check the settings that you have currently setup for Decimal Symbols, digit grouping symbol, etc. The Tool and Stock tables are processed based on these settings. If you are trying to process a table where the decimals use the comma, while your system thinks Decimal symbol is a period, it will cause a problem.

-bill

Thanks Cary for pointing this out. I will pass it on and this something I have failed to look upon. I will correct the pdf guide. By the way, if I load the StocktblMetricEU.txt as it is, it gives me flag as error in line 558 message but doesn't occur with StocktblMetricUS.txt. I have read both txt files and the difference between them is that the EU version used comma as decimal separator, while the US used the period as decimal separator. Could this be the cause?

Again, regards and thanks - joseph

38247[/snapback]

Hi Joseph,

Please check the Regional Settings for your OS.  Control Panel -> Region and Language.  In the Formats page, at the bottom is "Additional settings...". Check the settings that you have currently setup for Decimal Symbols, digit grouping symbol, etc.  The Tool and Stock tables are processed based on these settings. If you are trying to process a table where the decimals use the comma, while your system thinks Decimal symbol is a period, it will cause a problem.

-bill

38248[/snapback]

Thanks Bill and will pass it on and again will modify the notes on my pdf.