Unfolded Sheet Metal

Yucheng Liu

Anyone has some experience in working with Refold and Unfold Sheet Metal? I found there is not useful connections between them.

For example, if I add some features to Unfold, these features will not show up on refold. On the other hand, if I add features to Fold, again these features will never show in Unfold. Maybe I did not operate in right way?

The connection between Unfold and refold on works on in first time, from Fold to Unfold. After that any changing will not reflect each other. I am so frustrated with it.

After making changes to the folded part you have to select Unfold again to get an updated flat.

35929[/snapback]

Thanks, Kevin,

It does not really work that. Please see the attached file for my specific application. I need to drill holes on a curved surface, I put some holes on curved surface, but only one holes shew on Unfold, the others did not show, I did folding and unfolding many times it just does not work to me.

CONV_A_3026_test.ics

Just FYI - Currently most of the operation in SM are performed on the folded and then the unfold will map everything to the flat. We don't support making edits to the unfold result and refolding them at this point (we are looking to support sketched bends in the future). As mentioned above, there are some conditions for punches to position and edit in the flat which help in many cases.

I hope that helps.

Cary