Drop from Catalog with Assembly Selected

Mike Allen

In previous versions (I started with version 4, I think), when an assembly was selected in the scene & I dropped a part from a catalog into the scene, that part became part of the selected assembly.

In IC2013 (build 11090), when I drop the new part, the selected assembly is deselected & the part is added to the end of the scene browser list.

Is there any way to get the old behavior back, or do I have to add a step to my workflow (drop the part & then drag it into the desired assembly)?

In previous versions (I started with version 4, I think), when an assembly was selected in the scene & I dropped a part from a catalog into the scene, that part became part of the selected assembly.

In IC2013 (build 11090), when I drop the new part, the selected assembly is deselected & the part is added to the end of the scene browser list.

Is there any way to get the old behavior back, or do I have to add a step to my workflow (drop the part & then drag it into the desired assembly)?

35344[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Check the setting "Drop assembly/part into selected assembly" under Options, Interactions.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that switch was added for users that don't want it added to a selected assembly. For example: You may have something selected then zoom into another area not remembering that you had it selected and drop a new part out. So this prevents that case. Not all user wish to have that and it should be off by default and work like it always has. Did you check it by accident? Or maybe one of the beta versions had it on and it set your registry.

Cary

I didn't knowingly uncheck the "Drop assembly/part into selected assembly" box. Normally, I wouldn't notice the behavior, since I normally click in the background before dragging something from a catalog into the scene (specifically to prevent accidentally adding a part to a selected assembly.) I don't even think about it anymore - until I actually want the new part dropped into the assembly.