Assistance on how to do it

jolizon590016

this is quite related to my earlier post but I do need to accomplish this. i tried to do 2d sketch curves and 3d sketch curves to cut this out but didn't work out or just haven't discovered on how to do it right. any tip or tricks to do it will a great help. thanks

joseph blush.gif

dehumidifier_enclosure.pdf

One way of How to do...

split.mp4

34740[/snapback]

wink.gif thank you for showing this process of splitting parts rather than what i usually use the split parts command that requires editing the default shape and alignment of the split planes. i just have one item to inquire about: the top from my design have a curving line that i do wish to have that parting line to follow. what i am thinking is split following the straight process and trim to create the desired curve parting/split line. i hope you don't mind me getting more ideas on how to do it. mellow.gif

I'm not sure that I really understand what you need. Is this what you mean ??

split2.mp4

P.S. Sorry I can not make a better video but I`m in the middle of a `project` biggrin.gif

34749[/snapback]

thanks again and i do apologize for the disruption on your current task. i have attached the model and as you have shown how to split the front panel, the top half front panel will have a curve edge as it slopes from the top panel to the descending plane that joins the top portion of the front panel. this a great learning process that you have made videos of, and solving this one will sure help a lot of users to deal with this detail. as always, many thanks and no rush on this rolleyes.gif

formB3b5Cbrepshl.ics

The file is empty, looks like missing external links.

34753[/snapback]

hi kevin,

i have re-posted the file and please advise if i did it right this time. thanks

formB3b1brepshl.ics

formB3b6brepshl.ics

Edited by jolizon590016

I'm trying to load it with Beta2013 but getting message

Beta2013.png

try to export to Parasolid or Acis...

34761[/snapback]

I love the file associations in IronCAD, our colleague made ​​a related file overwrite it again, but the base somewhere on the disks themselves sitting. These files can be opened in a Viewer IronCAD but not the point.

I'm trying to load it with Beta2013 but getting message

Beta2013.png

try to export to Parasolid or Acis...

34761[/snapback]

got help from dleczynski and here is the file. thanks to all wink.gif

Scene3.ics

Edited by jolizon590016

got help from dleczynski and here is the file. thanks to all wink.gif

34765[/snapback]

Not so to the end of the file Joseph.

IronCAD does not understand, but it still creates the related files.

Annex file IronCAD 2013, because I did not have the position of IronCAD 2012 + PU2 only IronCAD + Hotfix

Coming back to the problem with the file by removing all the files from the scene. IronCAD is not separated TIF image file and he will not do it automatically.

Only transfer model to catalog and store directory. All General releasably causes related files (ask us where they left image).

wink.gif

formB3b1brepshl___good.ics

Edited by dleczynski

agrhh... still nothing...  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

I'm losing patience here...  mad.gif

34766[/snapback]

Really do apologize for the inconvenience on your end. You've already helped me a lot. Thank you and I'll check my system on my end before I do another post. mellow.gif

Finally!!! dleczynski send me good file via skype. tnx

There are some critical points in the model. So, maybe I take some unusual approach..but it works... it could give you an a idea...

here is a video:

split3.mp4

and exported model since I`m using Beta2013 for now...

Assembly9.sat

hope this helps wink.gif

Edited by dprodanic

Finally!!! dleczynski send me good file via skype. tnx

There are some critical points in the model. So, maybe I take some unusual approach..but it works... it could give you an a idea...

here is a video:

split3.mp4

and exported model since I`m using Beta2013 for now...

Assembly9.sat

hope this helps  wink.gif

34771[/snapback]

indeed this help a lot and others who have viewed this, can't thank you enough. I hope the this video stays here for awhile to learn it over and over. can it be downloaded via other means so it can be loop on a windows media player or vlc if possible as my last request. again thanks smile.gif

thaks to the community as well and how it works together smile.gifblush.gifcool.gif

Edited by jolizon590016

no problem wink.gif I`m glad if I can help a little...

You can download the file with right click and Save target as....

This is just an a idea how to do such tricky cuts... This is workaround... If you like, when I found more time I`ll show you more ways to do similar tasks.

You can `clean` splitting part by deleting, matching...critical faces to clean it some pointed corners.

Edited by dprodanic

no problem  wink.gif  I`m glad if I can help a little...

You can download the file with right click and Save target as....

This is just an a idea how to do such tricky cuts... This is workaround... If you like, when I found more time I`ll show you more ways to do similar tasks.

You can `clean` splitting part by deleting, matching...critical faces to clean it some pointed corners.

34773[/snapback]

That will be great, and I will really appreciate that. Post it at your convenience wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
That will be great, and I will really appreciate that. Post it at your convenience  wink.gif

34775[/snapback]

I'm sorry that I have no more time to dedicate to your problem.

The biggest problem is that the model is not symmetric and that's a real problem with cutting particular peace....

That is the main reason way I was using `unusual strange technique` (I got `offline` question about that) smile.gif

I'm sorry that I have no more time to dedicate to your problem.

The biggest problem is that the model is not symmetric and that's a real problem with cutting particular peace....

That is the main reason way I was using `unusual strange technique` (I got `offline` question about that)  smile.gif

34832[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif No worries, your contribution was great and a learning process. I reconstructed without the blends in the model and applied your technique. It produce cleaner cuts. I really appreciated your inputs. wink.gif