PU2 install - a new requirement

Guest EricFoy

Guest EricFoy

PU 2 failed to install because I don't have my distribution CD.

Bummer, because, lets face it, do we really use these things anyway?

I generally install from the latest update. I own a license. It's all monitored over the interwebs anyway.. so what's the prob, guys? Come on.

If you're gonna require the original CD, then how about doing away with the web monitoring stuff? One or the other, okay?

Seriously, can't your installer figure out that I'm bona fide without requiring me to plug in the CD? I think so.

So anyway, I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

Sincerely,

-Eric

PS: I'll eventually find my CD, I hope. I'll let you know if I need you to send me a new one, which will probably co$t me some bucks. Meanwhile... I guess part of my end of the deal is not losing the thing, whereas your end of the deal is fixing what's broken. Whatever.

It's been our experience that we only need the distribution DVD for updates if we originally install from the distribution DVD. Since we started downloading the installation files & installing from a single network location, we have never been asked for the distribution DVD when installing updates.

Guest EricFoy
It's been our experience that we only need the distribution DVD for updates if we originally install from the distribution DVD. Since we started downloading the installation files & installing from a single network location, we have never been asked for the distribution DVD when installing updates.

34096[/snapback]

Oh. Well, I guess that pretty much shuts me up, since I must have used the original disk to install this one. biggrin.gif

I found my original, so, I'll go away now.