IronCad drawing settings

bmckelvie

Hello,

I am attaching a drawing to better illustrate what I am talking about.

I a having a few issues with making shop drawings in IronCad.

1. is it possible to make the sizes of dashes change with the scale of the drawing? If I make a part that is to big to fit on a typical sheet of paper, i need to scale it. but when I use hidden lines the dashes are so big they appear solid and confuse the meaning of the drawing.

2. If I have a cylinder with a chamfer on it, IronCad will draw two lines for the max diameter making an ugly drawing. This is clearer in the detail view A. Is there a way to stop this?

3. This is not in the drawing, but If i am making a drawing package for an assembly and I need to detail a part of the assembly with hidden lines Ironcad will show a bunch of hidden lines that have nothing to do with the part I am working on? Ideas? I fear my former drafting prof would fly here and murder me if I make a drawing not to standard so not using hidden lines is out smile.gif

Thanks

Brent

test_part_2.icd

test_part_2.ics

1. No, you'll have to set different linetypes for different line scales.

2. Right-click the Detail View, go to Properties and set the View to Precise mode.

3. We don't have the ability to set hidden lines for specific parts, it's either the whole view of none at all.

It's possible to show hidden lines on just one part in a view using Edit View Curves. (The view must be in precise mode.)

1) Show hidden edges in the view.

2) Edit view curves.

3) Set Filter Edge Visibility to "Hidden Only", Select Edges to "Parts" & Layer to "HiddenAnnotations"

4) Select the parts where you want to hide the hidden edges.

You should be able to use dashed lines on partlevel:

-Precice drawning mode (ICD)

-Have or create a layer called Dashed and set linetype to...Dashed on that layer, in the layer creation dialog.

-RMB the drawing view, Edit View curves.

-Filter on PARTS on left pane.

-Select the parts of choise and move them to the layer with dashed lines.

Now some parts are dashed.

Can be used for color also.

PartsDashed.PNG