"Lightweight" assemblies?

tlehnhaeuser

I am trying to create a animation of a very large assembly file, however do to the intensive complexity the animation is very choppy.

Does anyone know how can create the assembly as a super lightweight facsimile that requires less or na math to animate?

I used to be able to export as WRL which kept all the decals and colors and then import as a lightweight facteded part. However this doesn;t seem to work anymore.

If anyone has tricks I welcome them

thanks

tom

Depends on what kind of movement you want.

-Can you suppress most of the parts while editing?

and un supress at final render.

-Create a new scene and animate a assy.

Then insert the megaAssy and move it inside the animated assy. Then it follows the movement.

33508[/snapback]

all good ideas however I want to walk around a large assembly in a "store" enviromnent.

Mike, that used to work, but that hasn't worked to much in recent years, I tried again but now I loose some parts in the process.

Dpro - DXF is no good becuase I loose all the decals and textures.

Robert - reducing facet is no good becuase I loose the quality.

Thanks all for the help, I think unitil theres a "skrinkwrapping" option this may not be achievable.

tom

can you not export parasolid (keeps colours, assembly and linking info, (loose textures)) and reinport that and create an animation from this dumbed down model.

Might be a bit quicker?

Nick

33526[/snapback]

Thanks Nick

but dont have time to reapply all the textures and decals and it doesn't really doumb it down enough, its similar to just combining featres in IC.

but appreciate the input

T